So after the big plunge of letting go my nice car,and realizing i kinda like my new chevy (and all of the money I am saving) I started thinking about what else I could let go…I am originally from New England and the adage there is; Re-use, Re-purpose, Re-make
1. The old Kentucky wooden rocking bench, falling apart from old age but husband promised to rebuild and never had time…goes to the wood burn pile. Our Friday Nite Blessing fires do use a lot of wood!
2. We already do not have cable tv, just an antenna on the roof…but have a stack of older tvs that don’t get the digital signal…saw a photo of a cute cat bed made from a tv shell. And another of a planter…good use for stuff taking up space. Better get crafting!
3. Last weekend we moved the wood pile from its tumbled down state to a better location, hubby saves all wood he finds, left over from projects, pallets with still usable pieces etc, but because we need a clear piece of ground to set up the tent we use for Pagan Pride Day, (coming up October 13th) the whole pile had to move. The Tent is make from all recycled parts and needs to be stood up after being in storage for a year, to make sure it still does stand up.
Our home made tent
cardboard tubes, coffee can tops, and a used canopy, works great!! And you can see it a mile away!
4. Because the wood moved, if i am creative, I can extend the garden so next spring i can put in more vegetables for eating and more herbs and flowers for incense making. Better use of our limited back yard space. oh by the way, when we buy this building i am planning a garden here too!!! Can’t wait to develop the back yard space to allow parking, gardening and a patio with tables and chairs for tea shop customers…all of these improvements coming up in the spring!
5. As those who know me well already know that i love yard sales and usually go to each one on my path to work on saturday mornings but, sad to say, i have to forego that pleasure until the building is officially purchased and in fact I will probably have a yard sale myself to raise money for that project. On my day of f Monday I will be going thru my stock piles at home to see what can be let go of…
Let go, reduce, reuse, repurpose, remake, re… re… re…!