Posts tagged ‘friends’
Look at the cute products in the newest shop in the Annex…”Baby Dreams”. Carole has shower gifts, diaper cakes, blankets, sweaters, dresses, booties and much more. Come by to see these delightful items. And while you are looking in that shop visit Sexy Plus, The Rosie Kat, Charm Bags by Heather and The Old Sol Gallery. All located next to Funky Karma,
Here is the first picture of the newest building in our family!
We will get the key on the 15th and can’t wait… the first event in the new space will be the suitcase show on August 17 and 18.
No, you don’t buy the suitcase, you buy the special items inside them! So far we are expecting jewelry, stuffed animals, aprons, baked goods, soaps and lotions, artwork, more jewelry, cards, maybe fractals, dishes, tarot bags, baby gifts and LOTS MORE. Come on in to see the goods but also to see the building. After the Suitcase Show we will be redecorating the building and have a grand opening in September, with 6 new shops and a great shopping experience. here is a partial list of the new shops,
The Old Sol Gallery…opening with a display of art by Deborah Welch Prickett, Art by Eddie and Art by Eddie’s Grandma
Nanabelle’s Naturals…lotions and soaps. This shop will be participating in the Suitcase Show , you can get a sneak peek!
The RosyKat…a great selection of gemstone jewelry and more.
Next week I will let you know the other 3 shops that will open in September.
Now here is the question of the day…what color should I paint the front door? You remember the first location of funky karma had blue doors, heavily decorated with runes and flowers. Our shop now has a red door also with runes and flowers. The new door will have the shop names, and runes and flowers…we seem to have a tradition going here…but what color is the door? I am thinking either turquoise or lime green but open to new ideas…what do you say?
Pluma says, “Are you a cat?”
Ducky says, “Are you a duck?”
Have you noticed that I haven’t been at work lately? It is because I, PlumaBlanca, have a new duck sister, DuckyBlanca, and I have to snoopervise her. At first Mom and Dad put her in MY CATNIP GARDEN!!!!!!! And she started eating my catnip. I was upset but Dad made Ducky a new pen and she likes it, and swims in her pool, makes eggs for Mom’s breakfast, and eats her own foods, not my catnip. We are friends now.
There are lots of good events at Funky Karma this coming month…
Wednesday February 7th Ladies Meeting 6:30 pm. We will be talking about Prosperity and Abundance = leading to a positive cash flow. Class is $5.00
Saturday February 9th 11-3pm Cosmic Singles…a FREE EVENT..Come on by and meet other singles, sample Chocolate Teas and other refreshments. Love Tarot Readings…Free Love Spell handouts.
Saturday February 9th 11-12 Monthly Book Discussion…The ECK-VIDYA, The Ancient Science of Prophecy. A FREE EVENT.
Sunday February 10th 1PM Class, Prosperity and Abundance= leading to a Positive Cash Flow, $5.00
Sunday February 17th 11-4PM For Love of Art Month…The Fascinating World of Fractals by the Mesilla Valley Fractal Artists will have a reception. Come by and meet the artists, enjoy free refreshments, learn how to create a fractal. The artists will help you design one then print it for you to take home.
Thursday February 21st Ladies Meeting 6:30 pm…Lets Talk about Love. $5.00
We burn a fire every weekend, oftener if possible, to ask Blessings for all of our customers, friends and family.
All who are donating to our Building Acquisition Fund are included…Good things are coming your way!
Only 2 more weeks until our closing and we still need some financing but are almost there, Thank you for all of your help and prayers!!
What do you mean you are selling my catnip so you can buy a building?
Who needs a building! I NEED catnip!
Oh, there will still be enough for me, that’s good.
Here is Pluma watching his catnip grow and making sure that mommy doesn’t cut too much of it.
He has another large patch on the other side of the garden so while he patrols this one, I can harvest the other side. As I cut every week during growing season the plants stay manageable and don’t grow out of their space, and it is much easier to strip leaves off smaller stems. Hey, did you know that catnip leaves make excellent bookmarks in magick books?
So after the big plunge of letting go my nice car,and realizing i kinda like my new chevy (and all of the money I am saving) I started thinking about what else I could let go…I am originally from New England and the adage there is; Re-use, Re-purpose, Re-make
1. The old Kentucky wooden rocking bench, falling apart from old age but husband promised to rebuild and never had time…goes to the wood burn pile. Our Friday Nite Blessing fires do use a lot of wood!
2. We already do not have cable tv, just an antenna on the roof…but have a stack of older tvs that don’t get the digital signal…saw a photo of a cute cat bed made from a tv shell. And another of a planter…good use for stuff taking up space. Better get crafting!
3. Last weekend we moved the wood pile from its tumbled down state to a better location, hubby saves all wood he finds, left over from projects, pallets with still usable pieces etc, but because we need a clear piece of ground to set up the tent we use for Pagan Pride Day, (coming up October 13th) the whole pile had to move. The Tent is make from all recycled parts and needs to be stood up after being in storage for a year, to make sure it still does stand up.
cardboard tubes, coffee can tops, and a used canopy, works great!! And you can see it a mile away!
4. Because the wood moved, if i am creative, I can extend the garden so next spring i can put in more vegetables for eating and more herbs and flowers for incense making. Better use of our limited back yard space. oh by the way, when we buy this building i am planning a garden here too!!! Can’t wait to develop the back yard space to allow parking, gardening and a patio with tables and chairs for tea shop customers…all of these improvements coming up in the spring!
5. As those who know me well already know that i love yard sales and usually go to each one on my path to work on saturday mornings but, sad to say, i have to forego that pleasure until the building is officially purchased and in fact I will probably have a yard sale myself to raise money for that project. On my day of f Monday I will be going thru my stock piles at home to see what can be let go of…
Let go, reduce, reuse, repurpose, remake, re… re… re…!
Sacrifice, Thanksgiving and New Projects,
Sometimes a sacrifice is required to get a new project off the ground….
Henry has been wanting me to trade in my Mercedes for a while. But I admit I was attached to it and reluctant to let it go.
But, M’s are expensive to keep, higher insurance, bad gas mileage and they want the gourmet gasoline! Also M’s like to visit their special, ‘not located in this town’ mechanics often, leaving lots of ‘green papers’ with them.
So yesterday I made the big decision to let my luxury car go and resume the driving of an American Chevy, that takes regular gas, gets good mileage, easier to get service, and way less expensive in all ways, including insurance.
For a moment I was sad, feeling that I traded leather for plastic, although detroit makes a good product I was addicted to the lux and glam. However, it is time to downsize, keep more resources for purchasing the building the shop is in and attend to business.
So I did it, back driving an American car, and have to admit, it’s not bad! Good stereo, lots of storage in the back,( having a business means I haul stuff from here to there all the time.) More resources freed up for the big purchase!
We had a nice fire in the garden cauldron last night, thanksgiving offerings and blessings for all who are helping with our building fund.